Curator Picks - 3/27

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Ok, so I totally made that spinach pasta dish I mentioned yesterday, and it was delicious. I substituted orzo for the spiral pasta and I think it was a great move - the orzo gave it a more creamy orzo-y texture and the sunflower seeds added such a welcome little crunch. I also left out the chili pepper flakes because I've got two palates in my household that can't tolerate that kind of heat. Booo. But anyway, it was lovely even without the spice and we all ate so much that I didn't even have enough to take for lunch today. I think it played a role in my head feeling a little clearer this morning. Well, that and the fact that my 4 month old went to bed at 7:30pm.

I'd be a bad person if I didn't start with a giveaway. A great giveaway in fact. An IPAD giveaway! Now you can play Draw Something and win every time! Head on over to the Pioneer Woman site to enter to win a copy of her gorgeous new cookbook and an iPad. The contest is open until tomorrow so hurry up and enter.

We recently redid our bedroom and in doing so have lost a bit of space on which to put things. So we're in desperate need of some new bedside tables that can hold a bit more than lip balm, water, and a kindle. Apartment Therapy has put together a nice round up of the best nightstands. I'm pinning some of these right now. (Ok technically that post was up yesterday, but you can forgive me, right?)

On another design note, check out the sexy Italian chairs that the talented Jenny from Little Green Notebook bought for $19.99 in a thrift shop and just had upholstered in a mint green wool. I love the way the arms curve.

The Coveteur gives us a peek into model Petra Nemcova's style today. Not only is she drop dead gorgeous but she's also well known for her charity work and passion for philanthropy. I love finding out which celebrities are more than a pretty face.

There are a lot of posts up today. I think I'll check in here later with some more for you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting, I love your feedback!

 

the curator © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger