Curator Picks - 4/12

Thursday, April 12, 2012

One of my office neighbors was playing The Cranberries this morning, and as Dolores O'Riordan's angsty voice was drifting into my office and swirling around my head it brought with it so many high school memories. Of course then I had to google them and found out The Cranberries are recently reunited and have released a few new songs this year. Maybe it's time to bring back the bands I used to love and listen to years ago. It's funny how songs can trigger memories of events. It has left me in a rather melancholy mood so I'll try and cheer myself up with the posts below.

The wonderful Lottie + Doof was nominated by Saveur as one of the top food blogs for 2012 and to celebrate they have posted a recipe for Sweet Orange Rolls that are sure to tempt you. I'm dreaming about these on sunday afternoon with a cup of my other current obsession, Stash Earl Grey tea (seriously, it smells magical and I spend more time huffing it than drinking it!).

I think my favorite time of the year is rhubarb season, or perhaps it's when the markets are overflowing with basil and tomatoes. Either way, spring and summer in New York yield a bounty of fresh ingredients and my oven barely gets any use until we rush headlong into winter again (but let's not think about that just yet). I'm considering giving the oven another whirl with this recipe from the gluten-free blogger Tartelette today for Rhubarb and Strawberry Crisps. Tartelette calls it sunshine on a spoon.

Ahhh, how cute is this rolling luggage from Skip Hop? So perfect for rolling through the airport with your stylish little one. I found this via Swissmiss today. Aunties, take note!

Just in time for the warmer weekend weather comes a post from Victoria at A Subtle Revelry on making your own gourmet yogurt pops. She uses store-bought yogurt in pretty pinks and purples and pours them into popsicle molds. Then sprinkles them with edible baking glitter and stars for a fun festive touch. So easy, and so impressive looking.

And last but not least, Cup of Jo comes through with another great giveaway today. Enter to win a swimsuit from Eberjey, the gorgeous swimsuit and lingerie line. I think I'd chose the red polka dots!

I'll be back here tomorrow with some more favorite links for you. Now I'm off to celebrate with Lara Spencer at her I Brake for Yard Sales launch party. Yayyy!

1 comments:

  1. These sweet orange rolls look incredible. Had to pin so I remember to make them soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I love your feedback!

 

the curator © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger