Curator Picks - 4/24

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Isn't it weird how things suddenly resurface in your mind? Old memories rise to the top, traveling through layers of grey matter until, POP, they reappear, and you are left wondering why you thought of Marlon Brando while eating a Chipotle salad for lunch. But anyway, I am eating a Chipotle salad and I DID just think of Marlon Brando. I was thinking that I was just 15 I saw Brando (along with Debra Winger and Johnny Depp) filming a movie in Ballycotton, a tiny village in County Cork. I remember Marlon Brando was wearing a priest's outfit and was dodging pouring rain that was created by a machine on the set. That movie, Divine Rapture, was later cancelled due to lack of funding but when I googled Brando today I saw that it is being revived and reshot in Ballycotton all over again! I wonder if they'll use any of the old footage. 17 years later and that memory popped up out of nowhere, how odd. 


Anyway, on to the links of the day:


Giveaways:
Amazing giveaway today at A Beautiful Mess. You could win tons of things from a $50 gift card to purchase a vintage dress on Ruche to a photography class from Bella Pop! There are over $1000 worth of prizes to win so make sure you leave a comment on their site. Whether I win or not I think I'm going to sign up for a photography class at Bella Pop. They are online classes and you can do the homework on your own time and watch the tutorials over and over. 


In the same vein as decor8's post yesterday about reconnecting to family and friends via printed photo albums, Stephmodo and the online stationer Minted have teamed up to offer $100 gift cards to three lucky readers.


Gardening:
If I had something other than a north-facing apartment that gets one sliver of sunshine reflecting off the East River in the afternoon I'd be sure to take some inspiration from these beautiful shots on Apartment Therapy today.


Fashion/Design:
Bleubird posted a well curated mother's day gift guide today and I hope some of my family members are reading this cause I'm loving that Madewell songbird dress :-)


I'm not usually interested in other people's weddings, but this stunning costume wedding in a chateau in the Loire Valley that Miss Moss covered on her blog blew me away. The wedding can also been seen in the current issue of Town & Country.




Photographs by Shawn Connell of the Christian Oth Studio

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting, I love your feedback!

 

the curator © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger