Curator Picks - 6/27

Wednesday, June 27, 2012


Elephant garlic




On Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays I'm finding it very difficult to make it to work at a decent hour. You see, I've brought this on myself by exiting the subway at Union Square. I get transfixed by the sights and smells of the farmers market and end up buying so much rhubarb, corn, tomatoes, and berries that I'm begging the farmers to take a credit card so I can get more. But on Tuesdays and Thursdays I sail across the empty square and only have to dodge the Greenpeace or Children's International volunteers.

Food:

I'm sure we're all in the mood with something refreshing to drink, especially when in this heat I only have the appetite for salads or tomato slices tossed with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Check out the  recipes for Agua Fresca made two ways on A Beautiful Mess: with watermelon and mint OR cantaloupe and thyme. Delicious pairings of fruit and herbs.

Sometimes a recipe name just grabs you - today Heidi of 101 Cookbooks posted the lyrical-sounding Cinnamon Vanilla Sunflower Butter recipe. Always nice to have something more exciting than plain butter on my morning toast.

I think scallops are our favorite thing to cook on a Sunday evening. The recipe from Sweet Paul isn't really anything different from what I already make (except for the addition of the dill), but it's nice to have it written down.

Fashion/style:

Finding clothing for my little ones is hard, hard because I find myself shopping at the same two or three brands constantly and never reaching beyond. I love this post by Oh, Joy on her subscription to a super cute monthly kids clothing club, Wittlebee. You pay $40 a month, give your pattern and color preferences and get a box full of selections from different and emerging designers. Might have to try this out (plus you get a package each month!).

Interior design:


Giveaway from I Heart Organizing to win two $50 gift certificates for some new hardware for your home. I could use some drawer pulls for sure.

See you all tomorrow :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting, I love your feedback!

 

the curator © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger