Short and sweet

Thursday, September 6, 2012

It's a rather truncated post today; just some favorite interior design posts and some shots from my past few days. Something about the arrival of September makes me want to buy school supplies (even though I'm not attending school)! Don't you feel the same way? I satisfied the craving by choosing colorful pens and pencils at the Muji store near my office. I could spend all day in there - the air is always filled with some kind of lavender or rose scent and I just love their cool minimalist designs. 

Oh, and speaking of lavender, I'm going to hit up the lavender stand at the farmers market tomorrow and get some dried seeds to try out in that lemon lavender pound cake that I linked to yesterday. I'll be sure to report back with taste analysis and photographic results! 

Interior design:

I'm blown away by this home in Ibiza via Erin at House of Turquoise. Just in case you thought summer was dead. I'd be in heaven sitting by that pool.

Abbey (of the interiors blog, Abbey goes Design Scouting) and her beautiful home on the Upper West Side are profiled on Cup of Jo today.

I want to visit this amazing library in Texas that was converted from an abandoned Walmart store.



Some shots from my past few days (see more on instagram, user name @dervlakelly):


4 comments:

  1. I love school supplies! I was always drawn to becoming a teacher just so I could have the drawer full of all kinds of pens, markers and accessories :)
    Have you ever cooked with lavender before? I love the thought of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nope! This will be my first time, i just got a bag of lavender seeds at the farmers market ... excited!

      Delete
  2. oh gosh, really wishing i was still in school solely so i could go back and get all the fun school supplies. adore!
    and that last shot is fabulous!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I love your feedback!

 

the curator © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger