It's a bonanza!

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

There is going to be a bumper crop of links today, my friends. A few days break from the blog led to thousands (yeah, thousands) of posts in my reader. Wooh, I'm a little overwhelmed. But I think I managed to grab some of the best for you.

On an unrelated note, Autumn is here folks, stop fighting it. Give in, and let it take over. Let in the pumpkin and the apples and the hot chocolate and the leaves. Oooh and the boots, the boots, sigh. I've got my eye on quite a few pairs this year. Like these (note: you have 40% off if you shop Lands' End before midnight!) or these from Forever 21.

Food:

I love baking with olive oil. I fainted with sheer joy after making Smitten Kitchen's blood orange olive oil cake a few years ago. I'm adding this recipe for these beautiful pistachio olive oil cakes from White on Rice Couple to my list.

Tell Adrianna what 3 things you're good at in life and try out this recipe for her flaky, awesome, perfect buttermilk biscuits. Lucky for us she's good at baking.

Yes, yes, yes to roast chicken in the Autumn! Actually it's probably the only way I'll eat chicken. There is some serious awesomeness going on at Adventures in Cooking with this delicious looking roast chicken with yams, oranges, and Blue Moon! Plus you can enter to win the super cute porcelain poultry roaster that Eva uses.

You probably don't have a great chance of winning this competition, when I entered there were already 4,500 entries! But, nevertheless, head over to Bake at 350 to congratulate Bridget on her new book, Decorating Cookies, AND enter a giveaway for a turquoise stand mixer! I can't even tell you how many competitions I've entered for a stand mixer and I NEVER win. Maybe this will be the one?

Pizza and I are in a rut. Stuck in a rut together. Same old mozzarella and tomato with a sprinkling of basil. It just doesn't do it for me anymore. So here is an alternative from The Kitchn today. Prosciutto and arugula? Yes, please.

Head to Averie Cooks to win a copy of Jenna Weber's recently published White Jacket Required and she shares a recipe for pumpkin whoopie pies from the book too!

Soup completes me in the Autumn. Well, soup and chocolate. But I'm just here to talk about soup. I have recently tasted curried soup. And it rocked my world. Here's a recipe for curried sweet potato, lentil, and coconut soup from Ronda at All the Best.

Interior design:

It's a little bit crazy how excited I am about the new Zara Home collection (just launched for the US today). Ez at Creature Comforts has gathered together her favorite bits and pieces and I'm pinning everything!

Enter for some cute goodies from Jamie's Raleigh shop Furbish at i suwannee today. I'm eyeing that cute azure bib necklace.

I've been fans of the Novogratz family since their book and I loved them on their Bravo show. They have a new collection with CB2, not gonna lie, I'm excited for that. Here's an interview they just did with Apartment Therapy today.

I heart interior stylist Sibella Court and I cannot wait to get my hands on her new book, Life of a Bowerbird (which just came out today). Check out the lovely review she got from Holly at Decor8.

Just because we just bought an oriental rug recently does not mean we're not always in the hunt for new carpets. So, I'm dying to win $500 towards eSaleRugs on Little Green Notebook. You have until midnight tonight to enter! If you win, will you split it with me? Pretty please? (I was the 999th comment on the post, think it will bring me luck?)


Ok, I promise I won't let it go that long again without posting! For my sanity as well as yours.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting, I love your feedback!

 

the curator © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger