Finding inspiration

Friday, January 4, 2013


Scene from New Year's Day walk in Central Park





I'm back in the office now, but still dreaming of that scene above. Sometimes I can't believe I'm so lucky to live only a short walk away from my most favorite park in the world. It's a source of constant inspiration to me. I find myself drawn there, camera (or iPhone) in hand, on most weekend days. I'm looking forward to finding more inspiration there and discovering it in new, unexpected places this year.

Fashion/style

Win $300 to spend at Vine, the new environmental site associated with Diapers.com, over at Cup of Jo.

Head to A Beautiful Mess to win yarn and patterns for four separate projects from Premier Yarns.

Kelly at The Glamourai had a pretty incredible year, see her recap here.

Lucy of Australia-based blog, The Design Files, is counting down her favorite Australian homes of 2012 and this gorgeous refurbished community hall is full of sleek wood floors and rough brick walls. It reminds me of the converted warehouse/dorm I lived in as a senior in college.

Do you read literary fashion magazine, Lone Wolf? Am I the only one who doesn't?

Food

Terri and Jenny of Spoon Fork Bacon have partnered with the wonderful blog Turntable Kitchen to curate their January pairings box. If you buy a subscription you get a box with recipes, dry ingredients and a limited edition vinyl sent to your door every month (I think my brother would love this!) Sales were hot for the pairings boxes this month and TK sold out for January, so the only way you can get the January box is to enter the giveaway on Spoon Fork Bacon.

Jenny of Dinner A Love Story wants us to participate in a 7 days 7 meals challenge, and I'm so in. We suffer from the "ohletmejustgrabsomerandomveggiesandaneggfromthefridgefordinner" syndrome in our household and if a meal isn't planned out the day before (or usually on my lunch break) it just doesn't happen. So head over to Dinner A Love Story and let's do this one together.

Adrianna at A Cozy Kitchen got a puppy, more specifically an adorable corgi named Amelia. The photos are killing me.

Diane and Todd of White on Rice Couple never fail to inspire me with their beautifully put together videos.

It's the beginning of a new year, so of course you're probably feeling like you should eat healthier. Try this posole in broth recipe with beans and scallions from 101 Cookbooks.

I'm beyond excited to read Jennie's book when it comes out this spring, and while I'm waiting I'll read about her life with her two girls at In Jennie's Kitchen and make this chocolate clementine spice cake.

Interior design

Wouldn't it be awesome to have a piece of furniture in your bedroom that always reminded you of a wonderful holiday or special time with your partner? That's exactly what Ashley of Hither and Thither has done. While spending a month in Bali with her husband, they picked up a gigantic piece of hardwood that they planned to use as a headboard. It just arrived to their home in California, and you simply have to check out what they've done with the bedroom. It's stunning!

I'm pretty excited that one of my favorite sites, Young House Love, are debuting their very own lighting line with lighting company Shades of Light! The lights are all $99 and under and I'm thinking their farmhouse pendant in bright yellow would look incredible in my kitchen.


That's it, see you soon!

6 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh that headboard is incredible that Hither and Thither bought in Indonesia! What a great idea - and so ambitious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your central park photos. I was oogling them on instagram over the holiday. And that pairing box from Spoon Fork Bacon sounds amazing! What a fantastic idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much, Eva! I'm dying to win that pairings box.

      Delete
  3. I would seriously give anything to work/live that close to Central Park. Do you have a spare room I can move into?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have another room, but you're welcome to my couch and my kitchen. Please make me baileys milkshakes with crushed up cookies for breakfast every morning ;-)

      Delete

Thank you for commenting, I love your feedback!

 

the curator © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger