Hard week

Saturday, March 16, 2013

It's been a super hard week in my world. I don't know about you, but I started off on a tired foot with the time change and then the week went downhill from there. A combination of stress at work and home, and I'm left feeling like a hollowed out shell. I'm ready to let the weekend fill me up again.

Oh, and happy St. Patrick's day on Sunday! I'll be celebrating in the company of good friends and reveling in the blooming hyacinths on my windowsill. That will hopefully put me on the right track again for next week.

Food

Ez at Creature Comforts is in the middle of a giant cross-country move (and possible lost furniture!) but still found the time to share a recipe for strawberry cheesecake with ginger snap pecan crust.

How about some sweet potato fries with rosemary and garlic from Alli at Hooray?

Here's another delicious looking pound cake, this time with grapefruit and thyme, from Adrianna at A Cozy Kitchen.

Interior design

Anna at Door Sixteen has redone her kitchen and I'm loving her new shelving.

Kirsten at 6th Street Design School shares the home of one of her favorite blogger friends (Kristen F. Davis) and I'm totally inspired by her colorful chevron shelving and creative use of space.

I haven't been to Paris since my early 20s and I'm itching for a return visit. Alice at Lingered Upon isn't making it any easier with her gorgeous post on her February visit to Paris. The light!

Fashion/style

Need flats for spring? I'm trying not to buy any, but I'm feeling tempted by this guide to colorful spring flats from The Glitter Guide.


And finally, just the video you need to start the weekend: check out this amazing footage of a giant flock of birds swirling found via Black Eiffel.

Here's to finding some beauty and peace this weekend. It's the only thing keeping me going.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting, I love your feedback!

 

the curator © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger