Drag

Monday, April 1, 2013



Winter is dragging its heels on the way out the door around here. I thought today was going to be glorious, and while it did have its moments of brilliance at lunchtime, it started raining around 4 and then the wind picked up. A City Bakery cookie (always the double chocolate one) with a new friend was a bright spot. And, at least a cold night means the view from the apartment windows stretches into miles of glittering lights.

Interior design

I think decorating with unicorns sounds like a perfectly fine idea. Clearly, Apartment Therapy agrees.

I learned from Cup of Jo that my favorite online art shop, 20 x200 has closed. Joanna suggests Banquet as a good alternative.

After a controversial incident involving some serious vote mongering, Emily Henderson has wrapped up her nightstand styling contest. She wisely had two winners (one voted by peers, and the other voted in by Emily herself). Go see all the amazing and inspirational entries. I'm gathering ideas for my own nightstand.
Food

As the weather gets warmer, I'll crave light recipes like these sprout crunch radicchio cups from The First Mess.

Another light one like these cucumber noodles in peanut sauce from A House in the Hills would be a perfect weeknight meal (and provide leftovers for lunch the next day).

Head over to see Kevin and Amanda and enter to win a Le Creuset skillet and some pretty Anthropologie kitchen spoons.

This is my next pizza. FOR SURE. Jessica at How Sweet It Is comes through in a pinch, as usual. I mean come on, it's a chicken enchilada on a pizza!

Make sure you congratulate David and Luise at Green Kitchen Stories on the release of their cookbook. It's coming out in the US in one month, and I cannot wait. Also, while you're there, watch their book trailer, it almost made me cry. I want my Sunday mornings to look like that!

I adore fennel. I've never braised it before, though. Neither had Megan at A Sweet Spoonful, until she tried this recipe for braised fennel wedges with saffron and tomato from Deborah Madison. I have to try this before the warm weather hits. I'd pair this with couscous or rice. I also really should pick up a copy of Vegetable Literacy.

Yay, the talented Hannah at Honey and Jam is doing a cookbook - and I'm so happy that it's with Abrams. Really thrilled about this one!

Fashion/style

You may already know about the new Kate Spade Saturday line. It's the weekend; the Kate Spade way. Also awesome: free shipping AND free returns!

Honey Kennedy has hit me with a spring shoe bomb and now I can't stop thinking about my next pair.

I'm kind of hoping to catch Tilda Swinton napping at MOMA.


Phew, that's it for now. See you later this week!


8 comments:

  1. Lots of links to go through this week :) And just have to make time to make these recipes! Pity 20x200 closed - you loved that site!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tips! This is going to keep me busy! I'm with you on winter dragging it's heels, there's still snow on the ground here GRRRR!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is absolutely lovely! And I simply adored all of these links!!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, TJ!! I'm a big fan of your blog.

      Delete
  4. I am so intrigued by those braised fennel wedges, sounds like such an amazing flavor combination. And also so so so happy for Hannah, I got so excited when I read her post about it. Can't wait 'till it comes out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eva, i want to try that fennel recipe this weekend, it sounds so warm and comforting. And, yes, we're excited about Hannah's book too :)

      Delete

Thank you for commenting, I love your feedback!

 

the curator © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger