It's summer!!

Saturday, June 1, 2013


Well, it certainly feels like summer here in the city. The heavy, humid heat has descended upon the streets, making me dart from shady spot to shady spot as I walk to work in the mornings. I'm not complaining, don't get me wrong. For a while there, it felt like winter was never going to end. It just never feels like spring is long enough. I hope you all have lovely plans for the weekend. I'm thinking about making a trip up to the Elephant's Trunk flea market in New Milford, CT on Sunday to scope out the show and maybe finally get that bedside table and lamp I've been searching for. Oooh, and I also want to grab a bunch of peonies before their tiny season ends. Those flowers look incredible on my dark dinner table.

interior design

It's flea market season, and excitement over Brimfield and other northeast flea markets is hitting the blogs. Raina Kattleson of A Stylist's Life did a guest post for Decor8 on her Brimfield finds. See part 1 here from stylist, Meagan Camp.

We're on the search for a new bed this summer, so I found Jenny's mattress recommendations helpful.

Looking to outfit your dream guest room? Domaine has you covered with these pretty essentials.

fashion


Check out this work wear post from Erin at Apartment 34 about how to mix and match your work suits so that you're not so bored.
food

I'm kind of going crazy over Call Me Cupcake's recipe for lilac sugar, how amazing would that taste in my cup of earl grey?

My next baking frontier is icing and I'm hell bent on creating this rose buttercream cake by Coco Cake Land on Poppytalk. I mean, it's just the most beautifully decorated cake I've ever seen!

Jessica found me another use for the jars of coconut oil that I cannot stop buying at Trader Joe's (seriously, it's a problem). Oh yeah, and it's milk chocolate mousse with coconut whipped cream, so how can you even refuse that?


Enjoy your weekend! 

3 comments:

Thank you for commenting, I love your feedback!

 

the curator © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger