These things

Friday, January 31, 2014


I find myself tongue-tied when it comes to blog posts these days - or is the correct phrase finger-tied? It would seem so easy to just sit down and rattle off a glib sounding paragraph about how my life is these days, and what I've been up to since we last connected. But, my fingers stutter on the keyboard - with all these things I want to say. All in all it's nothing earth shattering, we've been busy, freezing, and waiting for warmer days. I could tell you how beautiful the city has been, even in this arctic weather, but then you already know that.

In any case, it's high time I did a post roundup. So we can at least start there.

interior design

Holly Becker at Decor8 is due with her baby boy any day now, but in the meantime she shares her totally inspiring nursery with us.

Feel like you want to share your own interior project? Head to Decorology if you've got something to submit. I'm thinking about sharing our recently redone girls bedroom (hint: we got bunk beds!).

White floors, always a yes. From Anna at Door Sixteen.

food

I'm kind of fascinated with the thought of food in a jar. Aren't you? This cherry cheesecake recipe from Thistlewood Farms seems to be the perfect place to start.

Goal for this weekend: make this recipe for cheese blintzes from Smitten Kitchen.

I'm all over shrimp at the moment for some reason, and this spicy shrimp pozole with avocado and bacon from The Crepes of Wrath.

hard to define

Paddington Bear for Baby Gap?! I'm all over this.

Leandra at The Manrepeller makes a good case for not drinking coffee anymore.


I have to prepare a book post for you soon, as I find myself reaching for a book more often than the ipad these days. I'm nose deep in an amazing sci-fi series lately and often just barely jump off at my stop on the train before the doors close! And then sometimes, I'll look up and the train will be pulling in to Astor Place. Working my way back up to Union Square from there really isn't fun. Update: I'm taking a break from my sci-fi series to read The Goldfinch. It's all anyone can talk about around here.


Have a great weekend, and happy Korean and Chinese new year!!

16 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Was wondering who was going to ask this? :-) Right now I'm enthralled with the Culture series by Iain Banks. So good!!

      Delete
  2. Yes, which scifi series, and who is the handsome guy in the top hat, next to the interesting looking salt?? Your photos of NYC are always a pleasure - thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katy, it's Richard Armitage - and that show is North and South (a Masterpiece series on Netflix). And thank you for the nice words about my photos. I really appreciate that. :)

      Delete
  3. "Look back! Look back at me!" North and South AND chocolate? How lucky you are!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm can't wait to try these recipes! Am attempting to go vege(pesc)tarian again so welcome any new non-meat/fish dishes! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. will try to add some more veggie stuff, then!

      Delete
  5. The cheesecake recipe sounds heavenly :-). The weather has been freezing here too. I just need to find the strength to get off my lazy butt and take some photos :P

    btw, love your central park shots earlier :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my fingers are too cold to take out of my pockets, but the winter does generate the best photos! It's a horrible conundrum.

      Delete
  6. love your links, as always! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Shoko, always appreciate you reading :)

      Delete
  7. Great roundup girl! And I definitely love food in a jar too. I don't know what it is ;)
    xo TJ

    http://www.hislittlelady.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think i love it in a jar cause you can see the layers :)

      Delete
  8. Great round up. I love so many of the things you shared, thank you!

    - Teagan Kahla
    http://teaganadventure.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I love your feedback!

 

the curator © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger